A member of staff will meet you at the airport and transfer you
by private car to the Amazonia headquarters along the Itaya River. From there, you will hop on the speed boat to transfer up the mighty Amazon River to the main lodge. (note — is up to 4 hours)
The staff will welcome you with refreshing cold drinks and snacks; before you get settle in your cabins, you will get a full tour of the property, get briefed on the program, have lunch, then enjoy afternoon/evening excursions.
Includes: Lunch, Dinner
*From the main lodge
Guided excursions in and around the Tamshiyacu-Tahuayo Reserve. Every day your guide will discuss a selection of activities that you can choose to do. There is no extra cost for private guide or customizing your itinerary to your needs and interests. The main lodge has the greater variety of excursions of our two lodges.
The following is but a sample list:
- Canopy platforms and zip lines
- Hike into Varzea forest behind lodge; highly probable to see pygmy marmosets, owl monkeys, yellow-crowned brush-tailed rates, wire-tailed manakins, barber bees. Also possible to see black tamarins, saddle-backed tamarins, and trogons.
- Hike to Lake Tapaje, explore by canoe. At some point next year a scientist will begin a two-year study of caiman in this lake.
- Canoe into Tahuampa forest (flooded forest), canoe past giant ficus trees, see hoatzin birds, horned screamers, look for caiman on the observation platform.
- At some point in the future, the ACOBIA Center for rehabilitated animals will release Amazon Manatees here.
- Motorboat to terra firme forest, hike into frog valley.
- See beautiful little poison dart frogs, which were studied by scientists from Uppsala University (Sweden) September- November 2013. Boating to the site we stop to see wooly monkeys which are tame enough to approach the boat (and receive a banana).
- See bat cave; braver people can hike through bat cave. Motorboat to Lake Charo to see pink dolphins, swimming. En route look for squirrel monkeys, sloths, raptors. Fish for piranha.
- Visit the native village of El Chino.
- Visit artisanal market.
- Visit with the native shaman.
- Visit farm & school
Includes: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner